Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hamburger di agnello


Hamburger di agnello is a great twist for your next burger night! In our house we like to try different things to keep week night dinners interesting.  We often take a regular meal, like burger night, and make it fun using new ingredients.  This burger night was a nice change to turkey, chicken and beef burgers and I can't wait to make it again!




This is what I put in the burger mixture:

1 package of New Zealand lean ground lamb
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 grated onion
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper

I made 4oz patties and fried them in butter to create a wonderful crispy exterior. About 3 minutes per side on medium high heat.



They smelled amazing!

Crispy and yummy!


 

I decided to make a sauce for the burgers that would complement the lamb without overpowering its flavour.

This is what I used:

1 cup of greek yogurt
10 fresh mint leaves
1/2 peeled cucumber
4 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper
splash of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup of greek feta

I pureed the above ingredients in my food processor.



 I placed the buns faced down in the pan after removing the burgers and made the bread crispy and delicious. After the bread was crispy I built the burgers using fresh tomatoes, greens and my burger dressing.
I hope the next time you have a burger night that you give these wonderful burgers a try!







Buon Appetito!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm...looks and sounds delicious. Will try for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments!!! I hope that you enjoy my lamb burgers as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete

-