Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fragole e Insalata di Rucula

Today I felt like a fresh salad for lunch so I made one of my favourites!

The peppery arugula, with the sweet strawberries, and the savoury goats cheese makes this salad a real pleasure for the palate.  I decided to make my lemon tarragon dressing to bring it all together.  Although I love making pasta, a great salad filled with lots of fruit and vegetables is always a nice treat for the body.

Ingredients for the salad

Fresh arugula greens
Strawberries
Red onion
Cucumber
Toasted chopped pecans
Goat cheese ( I rolled the pecans in the goat cheese and than crumbled on top of the salad)

 Ingredients for the dressing- I made a jar of dressing to keep in the fridge

1 cup of red wine vinegar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup of chopped fresh tarragon
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp dijon mustard
salt and pepper

In a bowl wisk together vinegar, oil and mustard
Add chopped fresh tarragon, lemon juice, salt , pepper, and sugar and continue mixing until well blended.
Drizzle over the top of your salad.
Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment

-