Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dinner for one: Mafaldine Pasta with Wild Mushrooms

Earlier this week I went to the Italian Market in Halifax as I normally do, for my weekly grocery needs.  I picked up a package of pasta that I have not yet tried called Mafaldine 81 by Divella.  It is a thick fettucine that has a decorative curly trim on either side of each noodle.  I was determined to find a good use to test out this pasta. 

Tonight I whipped up a pasta dish for myself using the Mafaldine 81 and lots of mushrooms.  I didn't follow a recipe I just took the ingedients I wanted out of the fridge and pantry, and that is when the magic began.



I really enjoyed this pasta dish, and can't wait to make it for my hubby and friends in the future.  This is one recipe that deserves an encore.

Ingredients
  •  150 grams of pasta ( the pack was 500 grams)
  • 1 cup of dried mushrooms of your choice (soak in hot water prior to use)
  • 1 cup of fresh mushrooms ( I used oyster and gormet)
  • 4 cloves of minced garlic
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup of chardonnay
  • 1 tbsp blue brie cheese
  • 1 tbsp grated romano cheese (use parmesan if you like it better)
  • 1/2 cup of heavy cream
  • Salt and pepper
  • Garnish with fresh arugula greens or anything you really like.

Buon Appetito!

2 comments:

  1. Looks good, but I'm not a big mushroom fan. What would be a good substitute? I think I will try this sometimes...looks like a good sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asparagus would be great!! Let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

-