Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chewy Fruit and Nut Oatmeal Cookies

Now that Christmas is over, it is time to find an escape from all of the chocolate still in the house.  I love chocolate, but not even I can indulge for longer than a month.  I decided that I would bring baked goods into work, utilizing the chocolate I have in the house, and letting others indulge a little more.  One of my favourite recipes of all time is for my Chewy Oatmeal Cookies, and tonight I have made them with Toblerone Fruit and Nut Chocolate.  I hope everyone at work loves them enough to Ciao Down!



Ingredients
Makes about 48 cookies

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups oats
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix the above dry ingredients and set aside.

2 eggs
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup unsalted butter
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp honey

Beat butter and sugars until well blended.
Add eggs and mix until blended.
Add honey and vanilla.
Mix dry mixture in slowly until well incorporated.

1 cup of walnuts
1 cup of raisins
200 grams of Fruit and Nut Toblerone chopped.

Mix the last 3 ingredients by hand.
Roll cookies in the palm of your hand and slightly flatten on a cookie sheet.
Make sure you are rolling them all the same size.

Bake 8-10 min @ 350 Degrees

Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment

-