Monday, March 21, 2011

Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Sage Leaves and Provolone


If you are tired of ordinary chicken dishes, this is a great recipe for you.  It takes 5 minutes to prepare and 35 minutes to bake.  I am not sure how something so easy can taste so amazing, but it does.  My husband was making moaning sounds whilst eating this dish, so I know I must make it again. 



Just when I thought this dish couldn't get any better, I decided to make a sherry cream sauce to drizzle over the sliced chicken after I placed it on the platter.  I definitely recommend taking the extra step to bring this dish to a whole other level.




Ingredients

4 large boneless chicken breasts
12 fesh sage leaves
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
8 slices of sliced prosciutto
4 slices of provolone cheese
salt and pepper

Slice the chicken breasts in half.
Stuff each breast with 3 sage leaves and 1 slice of cheese.
Wrap 2 slices of prosciutto around each chicken breast.
Bake in a 400 degree oven for 35 minutes.
Let rest for 5 minutes.
Slice chicken and place on a platter.

Sherry Cream Sauce

1 tbsp butter
2 minced shallots
1/2 cup sherry
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste

Melt butter.
Saute shallots for 2-3 minutes.
Deglaze pan with sherry.
Add chicken stock and cook for 5 minutes.
Add cream, paprika, salt and pepper.
Cook until sauce is thick.


Buon Appetito!

5 comments:

  1. Sound delicious Angela! You definately have talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, I Just tried this recipe, it is excellent! Thanks so much for sharing this. I used Mederia wine as i did not have Sherry and it was still excellent. Made twice the sauce as I like a lot of sauce.
    Easy and superb! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you enjoyed this recipe!! It is one of my favorite dishes to make.

    ReplyDelete

-