Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thanksgiving

Rack of Lamb
Thanksgiving has been a holiday that I have hosted in our home for the past 4 years. I love creating the perfect meal for my loved ones and since I have been living in Halifax, my parents have visited four times a year and Thanksgiving is always one of their visit dates. It definitely makes the move away from home easier and I am so lucky to have them always eager to stay and cook memorable meals with my husband and I. I love entertaining and I especially love hosting a great party. Whether it is for four or forty, I get excited about all aspects of the meal I am preparing and ponder over all the details in advance to make sure I have covered all bases and not missed anything that would change the outcome of the perfect meal. Tonight's Thanksgiving dinner came together just as I had imagined, with everything turning out even better than I had hoped for.


Green Bean Casserole
Turkey Dinner with Potatoes
with homemade Cranberry sauce
Oven Roasted Asparagus
                         


Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Torte
with Spiced Whipped Cream and Pumpkin Butter.




I am so thankful to have a wonderful home, delicious food on my table and a wonderful family to enjoy it with. No matter where we move next, or how far it is away from Toronto, it brings me happiness to know that my family will always be a part of our lives and get excited about coming to visit.

2 comments:

  1. May I ask, where can I find the recipe for that luscious, chocolate cheese cake???

    - bri <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.realwomenofphiladelphia.ca/user/recipe/philly-chocolate-dream-cake
    Hi Brian,
    Here is the original recipe link. For the thanksgiving dream cake I replaced the butter with pumpkin puree and the omitted the coffee and Kahlua and added 1 tbsp of pumpkin spice. The rest of the recipe is the same. I have made this so many times using many different flavours. ie mint chocolate, hazelnut, etc. Enjoy and thanks for the message:)

    ReplyDelete

-