Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Grilled Club Panini

After having such an amazing lunch using my new grill, I wanted to use the griddle side for making an Italian version of an old favourite, the club sandwich.  I cooked the pancetta on the griddle and set it aside while I made my paprika aioli and guacamole.  I like to organize all my ingredients first so I don't burn the bread when I am grilling the sandwiches.  I used old cheddar, rotisserie chicken and romaine lettuce for the heart of the sandwich and a 7 grain rustic sliced bread to hold this gorgeous club together.


This club sandwich with my Italian influence was so good I wanted to share the aioli and guacamole recipe for your sandwich making pleasure.  If you have a craving for an old classic with a new twist, this sandwich with satisfy all your eating needs.


Paprika Aioli

1/2 cup mayonaisse
juice and zest of 1 lemon
1 tbsp smoked paprika - I toasted it first in a pan to bring out the intense flavour
splash of extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves of minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste

Guacamole

1 avocado - mash with a fork
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 small tomato- diced
chopped parsley
splash of hot sauce
salt and pepper to taste
I stacked all the ingredients on the bread and grilled it on the pancetta greased griddle until crispy. 


Buon Appetito!

1 comment:

-