Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Zucchini Soup







I recently purchased a pressure cooker and have been experimenting with many ingredients creating wonderful soups, stews and sauces that are healthy and delicious.  I am not sure why I never used a pressure cooker in the past, but it has changed my life.  It saves me so much time and allows me the flexibility to maximize my weeknights and weekends.  I have been enjoying this kitchen miracle so much that I have been creating a freezer full of meals in batches to make lunches a breeze.






One of the meals I have made recently was so tasty and soothing I wanted to share it with all of you.  The zucchini soup that I created this week is perfect for fall and boasts gorgeous color and flavor. If you are looking for an easy one pot recipe, give this dish a try. This soup can be a great starter at a dinner party or a meal any night of the week. In the next few weeks I will be sharing a wonderful collection of pressure cooker meals that will not disappoint. Stay tuned.


Ingredients

1 tbsp. avocado oil
3 zucchini- chopped in large cubes
1 large onion- diced
1 1/2 cups frozen peas
4 cups of chicken stock
1/2 cup fresh mint
salt and pepper to taste


1. Heat a large heavy bottom pot or pressure cooker pot.
2. Add oil and when hot sauté the onion until it is golden but not completely caramelized.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the mint and salt and pepper.
4. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until zucchini is soft.
5. Using a hand blender, blend until smooth and silky.
6. Add mint, salt and pepper.
7. Enjoy!


NOTE: if you want a creamier soup, you can add 1/4 cup of mascarpone to the soup to give it a velvety, creamy texture.







No comments:

Post a Comment

-