Monday, June 9, 2014

Grilled Oysters


After spending a long Winnipeg winter being unable, or unwilling, to cook outside, I now find it very freeing to be able to head to the back yard and enjoy the summer weather while preparing meals at the same time.  I have been trying to improve my grilling techniques and expand my repertoire of ingredients I use on the BBQ, so today I thought I would test out some oysters on the grill cooked in their own vessel. I filled these Fanny Bay gems with  a mixture that included butter, garlic, white wine, lemon juice, parsley, hot sauce, salt and pepper. I placed them on a hot grill and let the BBQ do the rest. It only took about 8 minutes on high heat for these large oysters to be cooked all the way through.  You'll know they are done when they turn from translucent to white.  After tasting these awesome grilled oysters, I made a simple rule for myself:

Small oysters are to be eaten raw and large oysters are to be grilled. That is all! Happy Monday everyone.

A


No comments:

Post a Comment

-