Sunday, March 9, 2014

Baby Shower Fun with Frosting


This afternoon I helped plan and execute a friends baby shower and it was a real delight. It always brings me great pleasure feeding others and having an excuse to get a group of ladies in one room sharing cooking tips, recipes, and advice on a myriad of topics.

The theme for today's menu was based on the stereotypical foods that women crave while being pregnant. Chicken fingers, meatballs, pickles, cheese fries, mini cupcakes, bite size brownies, and cookies were just a snaphot of all the food we induged in this afternoon.

The group really liked the mini pistachio cupcakes I made and I promised I would share this simple childhood frosting recipe so that the ladies can make it in their home.  This light fluffy frosting is a nice break from buttercream icing you would normally find on cupcakes.

To make this frosting you only need three ingredients.


1x package instant pudding-I LOVE Pistachio and butterscotch the most.
1 cup skim milk
1 cup whipping cream

1. Place whipping cream in a mixer bowl and best on high speed until thick and can form peaks. Using a spatula, scrape all the whipping cream in a seperate bowl and set aside.

2. Place pudding powder and milk in your mixing bowl and mix on medium speed for two minutes until pudding is thick.

3. Fold in the whipped cream until well incorporated.

4. Place frosting in a piping bag or Ziploc bag and refrigerate until needed.

Note: I always garnish the pistachio frosting with crushed salty pistachios. The combination of the salty and sweet is magnificent.

I have also made this recipe with home made butterscotch pudding topped with sea salt and crumbled Skor bars.

Although I like to make most of my treats from scratch there are a few treats from my past that still make an appearance in the present. If you have a favorite dish that reminds you of a time, place or person, I would love to hear about it.

Have a great week everyone!

A

No comments:

Post a Comment

-