Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sweet Potato, Pancetta, and Carmalized Onion Linguine in a Brown Butter Sage Sauce

Lunch is fast approaching and I am craving a sweet and savoury dish that will keep my palate completely satisfied.  I needed something with layers of texture, intense flavour and vibrant colours to brighten my day.  I decided to make a wicked lunch pasta using sweet potato, onions and pancetta in a brown butter sage sauce.   I think this lunch will definitely make the rest of my afternoon a happy one. 



Serves 4- lunch size
Ingredients

350 grams of linguine
4 slices of  pancetta-chopped
1 large sweet potato- chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
1 lrg onion- chopped into 1/2 moon slices
1 stick of unsalted butter
10 sage leaves
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese and toasted pine nuts - for garnish
Saute the pancetta until slightly crispy and remove from pan.  Add the olive oil and when hot add the sweet potato and cook on medium high heat.  After 5-6 minutes add the onions and season with salt and pepper.  Cook until all the ingredients are caramelized. When done remove from pan and add to reserved pancetta.  Add butter and sage leaves to the pan and cook on high heat until butter has a beautiful brown colour and the sage leaves are slightly crispy.  Add cooked linguine and all reserved ingredients and toss together and platter into lunch dishes. 

This pasta was so yummy and full of texture and flavour.  I can't wait to make it again.

Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment

-