Monday, January 24, 2011

Garlic Roasted Chicken

A few days ago I made a jar of roasted garlic and was determined to find a good use for it.
I felt like having comfort food for dinner, so I decided to make oven roasted chicken using the roasted garlic.





I washed out the chicken and dried it off using paper towel.  I trimmed the fat and tied the chicken to ensure it held its shape in the oven.  I now needed to decide what spices would go well with the roasted garlic.

This is what I ended up using:
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1tsp paprika
  • 1tsp mustard powder
  • 1tsp rosemary
  • 1tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
I rubbed the chicken with some garlic olive oil (under the skin as well).
I filled the cavity with 10 cloves of the roasted garlic and I also injected the chicken with the roasted garlic.
I rubbed the chicken with the spice blend (under the skin as well), and placed it on a bed of chopped onions and potatoes in the oven. (350 degrees)
When the chicken was almost done I added more veggies to the pan.

This chicken was full of flavour and I can't wait to make it again!

Buon Appetito!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

-